Banzai’s Junior Workbook includes a series of financial literacy activities for kids ages 8-12. The booklets are the perfect complement to the Banzai Junior Course, but can also be used on their own. You can order free physical booklets by selecting “Booklets” after you log in to the Teacher Dashboard or view the PDF here.
The Junior Workbooks contain seven age-appropriate activities that form the foundation for students’ financial literacy education.
- The Financial Scoop: Students use key vocabulary terms to fill in the blanks of a story about a girl just like them interacting with financial topics.
- Money Math: Students get experience doing the simple math required to work with money by adding and subtracting various combinations of dollars and cents.
- Reading Challenge: After reading short paragraphs that explain the basic concepts of insurance and borrowing money, students answer reading comprehension questions about them.
- Crossword: Students complete a crossword puzzle using financial vocabulary terms.
- Interview a Grown-Up: This interview template helps students interview an adult about financial literacy and record their responses. This activity is a great opportunity to get a financial professional in the classroom or have students do some off-campus interaction.
- Savings Plan & Savings Tracker: Students work through questions that help them set a savings goal. They can then take the savings tracker home to track their progress.
- Banzai Swap: Students use the included cards to play a fun, short trading card game that teaches that goods have different values. The game requires groups of five to seven players and can be played with the entire class for the final round.
Login to teachbanzai.com to order the new Junior Workbooks for your class.
Schedule a Walk-Through
Our Teacher Support team can do a personalized, 15-minute tutorial and answer any questions you might have.